Friday, June 3, 2011

Mini tool box

The plan was to make a tool box. It's so small, I am not sure if it counts as one?

When I saw the tutorial post on how to make a tool box over at FJI, I had to give it a try. I found some fabulously worn boards from what looked like an old crate, and used them for the mini toolbox.

My dad was an incredibly awesome carpenter...maybe that's why I enjoy working with wood. He made ALL the furniture for our home and that furniture were meant to last. Sadly when they moved from one country to another, a lot of the furniture was sold.



The hardware to attach the handle came from an old window.
We brought out the nail gun to whip up the sides. It seemed to be our best option because the boards were really quite thin. I simply used wire to secure the handle. Perfect! I’m sure my dad would approve of my wood work attempts, but probably not my style. :)

Now what to put into the box? I tried my handmade roses...


...and muffins? Tied up in a strip of fabric. I guess It could be a little gift basket/box!





I'll linking up to Funky Junk Interiors

6 comments:

Homeroad said...

Adorable mini tool box!
I love it!
Susan

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I am SO in love with this little toolbox! It looks like you dug it out of great grampa's attic. Amazing! Just fell in love with every detail. The hinges are darling!

Had to share this on FJI Facebook for SNS 84. :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky-Junk-Interiors/175378011140#!/photo.php?fbid=10150264217181141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

Donna

Jill said...

Love this! I love working with wood too and this little project had me inspired to make 3 of the totes :)

Jill @ JunkyVagabond

COTTAG3 said...

The sweetest vintage little toolbox ever! It looks so authentic like it was handmade many years ago and passed down through a family. It's one of my favorite things I've seen!

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Rosella, that is so cool! I just love how you used that hardware, very creative!
Your dad would be very proud.

Rosella said...

Thank you all!